Dog gone it! He’s a poochilious genius!
by Karla ° Thursday, April 13, 2006
So sue me that the highlight of my week revolves around my dog's puppy school graduation. Ava would have turned one this Friday, and finding joy in much of anything is difficult. My dog makes me happy and gives me something to cling to as I try and mentally prepare to celebrate a birth and grieve a death tomorrow.


Although “heel” and “sit for petting” (see task list below) wasn’t actually included in the test, I’m still super proud of my pooch, even if I totally cheated and walked the hell out of him to rob him of his boundless puppy energy and deprived him of food to ensure an empty tummy for a hyper–motivated performance. I even introduced extra smelly weiner snitzle treats wrapped in cheesy goodness to make sure I had his attention.

It doesn’t matter that every dog had until infinity to perform their tasks (a.k.a you really couldn’t fail). The fact is, my little fuzz ball of psychotic energy managed to channel wisdom from some unknown entity and soar through all of his tests, getting them right the first time.

As usually, he finished the evening with a triumphantly massive whiz. Apparently, holding a diploma in puppy basics does not warrant refinement and dignity.


Samson in his snazzy grad cap.


Shaking a paw to receive his diploma and treat bag.



Graduating class of '06

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Cute pics Karla! Congrats to both of you...

Darlin', if you put up a post that consisted of the wording on the back of a cereal box, that would be fine with me. Whatever helps you to pull through to the next day.

And, hugs as well.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  April 13, 2006
 

Congrats Samson! He is getting so huge! Trying to get the hubs to let us get a puppy this summer. Not working very well>
Posted by Blogger Donna :  April 13, 2006
 

Joy and sorrow all tangled up together and impossible to separate. My heart rejoices and aches with yours as you sort through the tangle and pick at the knots as best you can.

Feel each emotion when it shows up and just hang onto the knots at the end of the tangled threads when sorrow pulls your heart into an impossible knot of pain. Hang on, joy will make itself known again.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you walk through all the memories of last year.

Hugs Cuppa

Oh yes, congrats to the puppy. Give him a big hug from me too.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  April 13, 2006
 

I know tomorrow will be terribly hard for you. Just thinking about what you went through gives me a lump in my throat.
I have my Makily with me and her birthdays are hard for me. It is a time of remembering so much fear, sadness and uncertainity.
I will pray that your heart will be comforted over the next several days.
I am sure Samson will surely make things a bit brighter for you. GOOO SAMSON, I am so proud he graduated......way to go!
Posted by Blogger Patyrish :  April 13, 2006
 

sending you *hugs* and thinking of you today
 

All this and beauty too! What more could you ask for in a puppy?
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  April 14, 2006
 

I expected nothing less. Genius does run in your family...
Posted by Blogger Christi :  April 14, 2006
 

Cuppa you are one nice lady, i wish i could met you and your husband some day. And for Samson with a mom and dad that you have its no wonder that you are moving on so good in your obedience training.Big hugs to you all for your hard work.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  April 14, 2006
 

i remembered all week that today was the day. i just wanted you to know i was thinking about it. its good to see your finding happiness in anything at all.
Posted by Blogger MarlaSinger :  April 14, 2006
 

Hi Karla,

I'm here through Christie's blog and noticed you're in Ajax. My best friend from grade 4 to 10 lives in Ajax and as fluke would have it is visiting Calgary today and tomorrow on business! Haven't been to Ajax myself since '99, but I enjoyed a walk along the river with my friend and his dog...

...and speaking of classes, I'm celebrating class #2 myself. Not for my dog, and I keep cats, but for myself... and it's... Latin dance class... wish me luck!

D.
Posted by Blogger Turtle Guy :  April 17, 2006
 

Way to go!

That picture at the end of all the dogs is the best!

Look at that sweet Boxer!
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, April 13, 2006




Recently
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Monday, April 03, 2006
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Monday, March 13, 2006
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Friday, January 13, 2006