Disjointed Tête-à-tête
by Karla ° Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Yesterday’s ultrasound revealed that baby Nate now weighs 5 lbs and is plotting on the 60th centile. Yesterday’s OB appointment also revealed that I have gained 26 lbs and although I am gaining the right amount of weight, I have secretly started plotting to stop depending on chocolate as a source of calcium and reintroduce yogurt into my diet.

I am starting to wonder how low is too low for blood pressure. Surely the reason I see spots when I turn my head too fast has something to do with the fact that my blood pressure is only 84/55.

We have ditched our icicle lights and jumped on board the LED Christmas light craze. I am skeptical if the huge difference in the cost of buying the lights will really save us any money on electricity.

I have learned that trying to figure out the mystery behind where our Christmas lights plug in is classified information because when I asked Mark about it he told me it was his man secret.

My credit card account was put on hold after I made an online purchase from Australia of men’s underwear. Apparently, purchasing a pair of ‘wonderjock’ underwear with promises of attention grabbing wondercup technology is highly suspicious and Mark’s monthly flights to the US, hotel stays and airport limo service is not. Since Mark answered the phone when the credit card company called his manly Christmas surprise has been ruined, which is too bad because I sort of figured that if my breasts are about to swell to comical mammary proportions than it was only fair that his boy parts got to share in the prominence.

Mark was promoted from Manager to Director of Development a few months ago and he is now responsible for 17 people. I don’t know how he keeps all the business balls in the air except that he must be a shining superstar that is fifty feet tall.

Samson GraduatesYesterday was my dogs first birthday and all he got was a brief, but enthusiastic bum scratching.

Yesterday was also Samson’s grade two (intermediate) graduation. He has learned to heel, make right and left hand turns, stand, sit and lie down and stay from a distance for an extended period of time with distractions. He passed all of the above as long as he heeled through a crowd of zero people and there was nary a tennis ball in sight.





Observe his majesty in all of his gracefulness as his parents and trainer prepared him for his dignified graduation photo.



Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Too Funny.... You have to go all the way to Australia to highlight it? I guess it really is the "Thunder Down Under". (bad I know). You're getting close, good luck and best wishes!
Posted by Blogger NegZero :  November 28, 2006
 

Coming up on pound six! That's great! Mr. P was only 6 pounds 13 ounces when he came out.

We're sticking with our icicle lights for now.

And congratulations to Mark! Although in the same sense, managing people can be a thankless task.
Posted by Blogger Gina :  November 28, 2006
 

tooo funny!! things sound like they're going well......Have u ever done any sports b/c if u have that's another reason ur blood pressure could be low........mine is very low too not as low as urs tho

nate sounds like he is growing well!! and u have how many weeks to go lol :)
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  November 28, 2006
 

Let me echo congratulations to your hubby.

Tell him that his erstwhile Christmas purchase was also his "man secret".

Sam seems to be a very happy dog, by the way - a true reflection on his home life.
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  November 28, 2006
 

UNBELIEVABLE! Mable's first birthday is today, the 28th of November... =)

Freya
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  November 28, 2006
 

Samson seems thrilled to be graduating! I think I'll take Sammy for some more lessons. He passed the beginner class with flying colours but seems to forget everything as soon as he gets home!
Posted by Blogger Linda :  November 28, 2006
 

Congrats to Samson. And to Mark (on the promotion NOT the underwear).
 

Did you plan it? In one sentence you were discussing his boy parts, and in the next you were wondering how he kept his business balls in the air. ROTFL here.
 

That is too cute!
Congrats on the promo! Sorry about the whole jock/undies thing.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  November 28, 2006
 

Congratulations to Nate for getting big. And Mark for getting a promotion. And Samson for his graduation.

BTW, I went to the underwear site and it locked up my computer. I was stuck looking at some guys crotch for far to long..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  November 28, 2006
 

Cute graduation outfit on Samson! The best dressed poochy at the ceremony, I'm sure!

And promotions right before you have a baby are always well timed. Congrats
Posted by Blogger Kate :  November 28, 2006
 

Karla,

I am so glad things seem to be going well, and that you seem happy and relaxed. That is wonderful! Happy Birthday to Samson!! Our Jack Russel's 1st birthday is coming up soon as well! Congrats to Mark on his promotion! And Congrats to Samson on graduation!! :-) Hugs to you!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  November 29, 2006
 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Graduation day. Toooo funny I love it and gonna put this on my blog. May I?
 

Hi Silentsurfur

Of course I don't mind if you link to Samson on your blog.

Cheers
Karla
Posted by Blogger karla :  December 12, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, November 28, 2006




Recently
Friday, November 24, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Thursday, November 02, 2006