Samson – A Short Story of Companionship
by Karla ° Thursday, March 30, 2006
As Samson approaches that pivotal day in his life where his manhood will be robbed and his two hulking nutsacks will undergo some serious repurposing, I thought I would take some time to reflect on all the joy he has brought into my life.

Despite his biting, blobs and blobs of poop, jumping, accidents, humping and retard fits, I can’t imagine life without a puppy anymore.

Sure it looks like I farm cows in my 30 x 30 foot yard with all of the poop he leaves behind, but it’s hard not to smile and feel proud of his mammoth elimination habits when he proudly returns and gives a “High Five” after finishing his business.

Of course it’s disgusting that he likes to hunt down every morsel of trash and litter when out for a walk, but seeing the pride wash over him as he tries to gobble up his delicious garbage discoveries is really quite endearing. However, it’s gross and dangerous, so I have no qualms crushing his spirit and jamming my fingers down his throat to fish out the mostly unidentifiable items out of his mouth. I have the war wounds to prove my steadfast devotion to avoiding emergency intestinal surgery.

He loves water. So much so in fact, that he dives head first in the water bowl, with such vigor, that I have considered equipping him with snorkeling gear so he doesn’t drown himself. His love for water doesn’t stop there. Queerly enough, he finds bubble baths perplexingly fun. If he is not standing at the side of the tub trying to eat bubbles off my toes, he is trying to jump in the tub for deliciously luxurious swimming lessons amid apple scented bubbles.

He also shows no shame or remorse when he greets company at the door with an energetic episode of crotch sniffing. I know it’s acceptable in the culture of doggism to use such asinine methods to meet and greet the population at large, but I suspect my company doesn’t much enjoy the glaring spotlight on their genital area. Therefore, I resolve to work harder on practicing his ability to simply “wave”.

Despite all his puppy peculiarities, he is a welcome distraction from past year of devastation we’ve been faced with. His intelligence, goofiness and steadfast determination to make friends with the cats never fails to make me smile. His devotion to learning and persistence to be a cuddly lap dog has developed into an undeniable bond that I am grateful we share.

And it is that bond that I want to keep. For that reason, I need to take him to the testicle chop shop, so his fiercely loyal companionship to me remains, and he doesn’t have the desire to run off and sire some bitch.

The End.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


So, you're saying that crotch sniffing is ass-inine?
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  March 30, 2006
 

Mammoth elimination habits, indeed!
Posted by Blogger Kurt :  March 30, 2006
 

Goodness, is he ever getting big.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  March 30, 2006
 

Samson is 17 weeks old (18 weeks this Sunday) and weighs about 34 lbs now. We're getting him neutured when he is about 23 -24 weeks old.
Posted by Blogger karla :  March 30, 2006
 

I'm switching back and forth between the pictures of him from your Stinky McFlea post to now, and I gotta agree with Cuppa, 'Goodness, is he ever getting big'. He seems healthy and happy too.
Good for you getting him snipped. I had one dog I didn't do that to and I regretted it for years.
You'd think all those yard land-mines would be good fertilizer, wouldn't you? No such.
Give him a pat for me.
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  March 31, 2006
 

He grew fast! I speak from experience when I say you might have a dog bigger than you that still wants to sit in your lap!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  March 31, 2006
 

You get company? I'm so jealous.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  April 02, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, March 30, 2006




Recently
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Monday, March 13, 2006
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Friday, January 13, 2006
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Friday, January 06, 2006
Wednesday, January 04, 2006