Juggernaut
by Karla ° Monday, June 19, 2006
I seriously can’t believe how much faster my commodious gestating holding tank of a body is progressing with this pregnancy.

I’ve heard time and time again that with subsequent pregnancies you grow faster because your uterus has already been stretched and your ab muscles have already been ripped apart...blah blah blah....


But this is freaking ridiculous.

Most of my clothes resemble something akin to a NASA equivalent space age hermitic air tight seal. My hypersensitive battered chest balloons resent being cooped up in bra (but social competence requires mammary confinement, which is where they remain), you could hang a raincoat off my big mamma nipples, my stomach looks like a rolling mountainous terrain with far too many peaks and valleys to pass as a pregnancy “bump” yet and my face is enthralled with an out of control pimply flare up that makes me look like something the cat dragged in before it was skinned and eaten.

My mood is crusty and sometimes I think my husband is secretly afraid my hormonal psychosis and sweet baby-turned bad tempered juggernaut will result in a throbbing crotch punch.

But I’m not complaining.

Sometimes it’s just easier to poke fun at my bursting boobs and festering face than put into words how incredibly grateful I am to be blessed with another chance to bring a tiny life into this world, even though my vanity sometimes makes me grumble and feel hideously unattractive, tired and blobby.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I'm glad you aren't complaining, tee,hee.
You sound happy. In a blobby way. Which is very good..
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 19, 2006
 

Blobby is beautiful, so blob on hunny child! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy even the blobby ones.
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  June 19, 2006
 

I am almost positive that you exaggerate greatly, but like that funny lady above said, enjoy!
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  June 19, 2006
 

I bet you're beautiful and glowing my friend.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 19, 2006
 

Hee hee--welcome to pregnancy #2. It really wreaks havoc on the bod--worse than #1 in my opinion, but it is so worth it in the end. No-one will understand that better than you.

Glad to hear you are feeling the burn!!

Glad to see you are blogging about it! Look forward to reading more.
Posted by Blogger Alyssa :  June 19, 2006
 

Well I don't mind reading your complaining, it is quite funny! I am glad to hear things are still going okay. In the end it will be worth all the weight gained and skin stretches and boobs expanded beyond imagination.
Posted by Blogger Donna :  June 19, 2006
 

well....

gee....

uh....

gotta go, bye!

(tell hubby that he's in my prayers now too!)

;0)
Posted by Blogger methatiam :  June 20, 2006
 

Being pregnant is just the best. I miss it so much. HUGS.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  June 21, 2006
 

Karla,
I thought you might appreciate my blogpost about what life is like 7 years on...
http://goldiefamily.blogspot.com/2006/06/somewhere-down-road.html
Posted by Blogger Joanna :  June 22, 2006
 

I feel you 100%! Just be glad you had a little time b/t pregnancies. Taryn left a nice space in my uterus for next baby to fall into, and now he lives in my crotch, begging for help, and hurting the hell out of me!

Oh, and we must keep these lumpy parts so that one day we can hold it against our children how they messed up our bodies! I promise, it's the rule!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  June 23, 2006
 

You are Pregnant!! congratulations Karla and Mark :)
Posted by Blogger Kathy Trejo :  June 25, 2006
 

I can't believe I didn't comment on this before!

I hope you are feeling well and am thinking of you often...
Posted by Blogger Gina :  June 25, 2006
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, June 19, 2006




Recently
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Monday, June 12, 2006
Friday, June 02, 2006
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Monday, May 29, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Monday, April 03, 2006