Bedroom Project Status: COMPLETE
by Karla ° Friday, July 22, 2005
Back in May I mentioned that Mark and I were in the middle of redecorating our bedroom. (How can we forget having the inlaws over to help paint when a song with "nasty sex lyrics" started blasting out of our computer speakers).

Actually I first made mention of our decorating bug back in March when we decided to blow our tax return money on upgrading our double bed to a king size and buying all new bedroom furniture rather than start an education fund for our unborn child, but the whole project was quickly put on hold for a variety of reasons. To keep life simple, I’ll claim laziness.

We had many great debates about which room we were going to decorate first in our new home. I had hopes of decorating the living room and dining room area first, but Mark insisted with a persistence and determination I have never seen before that the bedroom was where the real excitement was and we needed to focus on “making it swanky”.

Although his idea of swanky was a sex swing and leopard print sheets (which I quickly vetoed because as the woman I have that power), I was looking for something more along the lines of classy and elegant.

Neither of us had ever attempted decorating before. I mean, I bought one off things, like artwork, vases and beer mugs, but never a whole room at once. It was slightly daunting, because I had no idea what I was doing. I had an idea in my head what I wanted, but trying to find the pieces to match what was in my head was a whole other story.

Please be gentle. My tastes are probably a little “out there”, but here it is, my new bedroom.


Yes, I have a pillow fetish


The more pillows the better...


I like fake plants too. They don't die when I neglect them...


I once thought this was MY dresser...


...That is until Stinky Magoo claimed it as his (and left the claw marks to prove it from his rapid take offs when invisible beings appear out of nowhere beckon him to suddenly run like a maniac.)


My Eiffle Tower look alike lamps. Note the finger prints a plenty in the glass! The crystal was a gift from my aunt when Ava died.


It's really a place mat, but I think they looked pretty darn snazzy on our night stands.


A trash can


A piece of art that I have had my eyes on for the better part of 4 years. I love love LOVE this.


No this isnt artwork, but he's definetely a piece of work! He just learned how to open the slidding patio doors to let himself outside. Look! He even matches my carpet!


Ava's memory box and little porcelein music box are all that sit atop my dresser (besides an occasional lounging cat). I pay tribute to her in her little music box every day. It plays "You are so beautiful".


Mark is happy because the artwork and velvet quilt satisfied his aspirations for “swanky” (even the cats love it, their fur sticks to the velvet like Bill Clinton to a Big Mac) and I’m happy because the whole room came together exactly as I had imaged.


Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I think it looks beautiful. I love love love it.

Great taste. Right up my alley!

Thanks again for the donation. It was very generous. I emailed you back.
 

One word, SEXY!
I love it. Looks like something out of a magazine. Can you come down and do mine??
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 22, 2005
 

I love it!!!!! I think I'd have to say my favorite part is the art, God it's gorgeous! I also love that Ava has her own little spot in the bedroom, where she'll forever get to sleep with mommy and daddy...

I started out with the 2 bathrooms to get my feet wet so to speak, and they went pretty well...no paint involved. Now the kitchen, which includes paint, and has a bit more pizazz. Next will be the kids' rooms and ours, and I'm sure I'll just keep getting better as I go ;-) I'm still afraid of the living room though, and I have a feeling it will get done last. I'm not sure what scares me more about it; that it's the first (or second depending on which door you use) thing you see when you walk in, or how much it's going to cost because it's a huge room...either way. I'll email you pics as I go :-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 22, 2005
 

I love it! I need serious decorating help, lol.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 23, 2005
 

I think that's pretty cool. I really like the quilt and curtains. I, personally, wouldn't go with that picture, but that's just b/c I don't want Trey checking out the hot naked chick on the wall instead of me!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 23, 2005
 

Love it, I adore deep, rich colors.

Can I steal your bedcoverings?
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 23, 2005
 

It is beautiful. Will you come and do mine? LOL!
Posted by Blogger Nickle Annie :  July 23, 2005
 

Looks good. Very "posh" indeed.

The wall colour was a daring choice to put with red, but it looks great together. Way to go girl.

I like the placemat. What a find. Did you have it before you started the project?

AC is always teasing me about the number of pillows I have on our bed, but you win the prize hands down. I only have six!!!!!
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  July 23, 2005
 

i LOVE your bedroom!!

i love how well the yellow wall goes with the color of your furniture and your luxurious bedsheet. i love the place mat and the lamp on your nightstand...

your bedroom is really beautiful. i bet you are having some sweet, good dreams in this bedroom :-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 25, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, July 22, 2005




Recently
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Monday, July 18, 2005
Friday, July 15, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Monday, July 11, 2005
Friday, July 08, 2005