Stephen McClatchey 10th Anniversary Memorial Run
by Karla ° Monday, July 18, 2005
My husband and I have registered to participate in the Stephen McClatchey 10th Anniversary Memorial Run being held this September.

This run is being organized by the mommy of Stephen, who was born still ten years ago. His brave mommy wants to keep his memory alive and help friends and family understand that his memory is still strong and he will always hold a special place in her heart.

I couldn’t feel stronger or adamant about keeping Ava’s memory alive as well, and my husband and I are doing this 10 km (6 mile) run in her honour to help keep her memory alive.

Any funds raised go to the Perinatal Bereavement Services of Ontario. PBSO proves a variety of support services that are tailored to meet the special needs of perinatally bereaved families, including support groups, literature and publications on perinatal loss. They also develop and implement educational training seminars for health care professionals, caregivers, clergy and funeral directors on how to best support families suffering from the loss of a miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death.

Although I have regular paper based pledge forms, I know there are a few extremely generous souls out here in blog land that have expressed an interest in sponsoring for me or my husband for this run. After looking into my options for accepting online donations, it looks like opening an account with paypal to accept online secure donations for a non profit organization was the best fit. Charity.ca changed and is no longer an option. (That’s ok however, as they take a 9% cut from any donations made. Paypal, as a middleman and secure online transaction method only takes 3%).

I have added a link to my side bar to accept donations on behalf of PSBO.

I continue to run every day as I train for my first 10 km run. I have never run in my life before this event, and am determined to finish the 10 km (6 miles). I think I said I had hopes to complete it in an hour, but that may have been overly ambitious. I run about 4 – 8 km a day now to train, and have decided that the amount of time I take to finish the run in September isn’t as important as the cause. Making it to the finish line with my husband knowing we’re helping to keep our daughters memory alive, while helping other bereaved families is what matters most.

On behalf of PBSO, thanks in advance for your support. Thank you also for helping to keep Ava's memory alive. Godbless!

Please note, if you live in Canada, any donations over $20 will qualify for a tax receipt. Please email me your full mailing address to karlacadeau@gmail.com

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


I cheer for you guys!
Posted by Blogger wookie :  July 18, 2005
 

karla, that is great. I will be honored to donate on behave of Ava.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 18, 2005
 

GO Karla I will definitly donate. Thanks for your donation last week for the walk in September. I so appreciate it.
 

though i have not been that crazy about running lately (due to the lack of time, the hectic schedule...blahblah, honestly?? laziness)

but i'm here to cheer for ya, "go karla! go, go karla!!"
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 18, 2005
 

I am missing something. I don't see a donation link. I hope this isn't another male pattern blindness thing.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 18, 2005
 

Oops...I know what I did AC. The side bar stuff wasn't showing up unless you were at the main page. I believe it is viewable from anywhere in the blog now. Thanks for the heads up on that one!
Posted by Blogger karla :  July 19, 2005
 

Good luck in your training, I can't imagine a better way to donate money then to Ava's memory.
Posted by Blogger Leesa :  July 19, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, July 18, 2005




Recently
Friday, July 15, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Monday, July 11, 2005
Friday, July 08, 2005
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Thursday, June 30, 2005