Quarter Life Crisis...Childhood or Adulthood?
by Karla ° Monday, July 11, 2005
Shortly after I hit my 20’s, I began to question when I will cross the line from “being a kid” to “being an adult”. I think your 20’s are sort of that grey area in between, where you are “technically” an adult, but really, some days, you just aren’t so sure.

I’m now 25. Halfway past twenty, and halfway to 30. I used to think when you hit 30, that was the “official” adult age, but then I realized my parents still party until the wee hours of the morning and my mom dances on the odd table or two at the bars, so all of a sudden the term “adult” took on a whole new meaning.

I have put together a top ten list that may help me determine where on the line between adulthood and childhood I sit.


Top 10 reasons I “might” be adult

10
. I complain about the price of gas (but follow world markets to understand fluctuating gas prices)
9. I’m married
8. I have a mortgage
7. I have a life insurance policy
6. I like politics
5. I reluctantly buy “sensible” shoes
4. I’ll walk 3 km to the bar so that I get some exercise before ingesting “beer calories”
3. Retirement savings, investments and the stock market are more interesting than gossip
2. I had a baby
1. I had absolutely no idea how to work the keg at
B$’s wedding last weekend


Top 10 reasons I “might not” be an adult and require some serious maturity counseling.

10
. I still like to drink and party like a college kid
9. I like the club scene
8. I like to run in the sprinkler when it’s hot out
7. I make video’s of my ass
6. I pout when I don’t get my way with things
5. I will buy crazy high heel shoes that hurt like a son of a bitch, but wear them anyways because they are sexy
4. Sometimes I get my political news through John Stewart and Rick Mercer
3. I make Mark carry me home piggy back style when I decide home is “too far” on our way home from the bar… (that, and sometimes I'm just a lazy diva and prefer not to walk if I have a man handy to carry me)
2. I might not have known how to work the keg at B$’s wedding, but I figured it out quickly enough when I decided I wanted a beer (It’s amazing how quickly you learn when desperate enough)
1. I encouraged my husband to pick the nose of this bison head at the Banff Heritage Museum.


Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Hey, we can still have fun and act crazy at any age.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 11, 2005
 

25 is a strange age, when you feel as if you should be turning all old and stuffy, but a lot of the time, you just can't bring yourself to do it.

AC is right, my sister will be 40 and she is a crazy nerd who does all kind of things you wouldn't think a 40 year old would do.

You seem like you have good partying genes, just go with it! :)
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 11, 2005
 

Whoa! Well, if I made a list, I would be classified as an adult, b/c there would be more on that list. However, I still enjoy clubbing and an occasional drinking spree. I would probably enjoy more if I could afford to hire a babysitter and pay for the drinks! Oh, and I do crazy stuff on a daily basis (like talk to people who make videos of their ass!)!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 11, 2005
 

"we all have a kid trapped in our adult body", as my 35-year-old mentor said the first time she met us, the new teachers, last year.

"you can drink and party like a college kid at night, but you gotta come back to work as an adult every morning. i dun care if you have a terrible hangover or whatsoever, i need your adult body here!!"

and there she got herself a bunch of teachers who were like real bears every monday morning, haaa.

that proves that we could be both a grown-up and a kid ;-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 12, 2005
 

Oh to be 25 again. This September I will hit the BIG "3" "0". I am not looking forward to it.
Just the thought of my "20's" being gone, upsets me.
But I still love to have fun and you are never to old for that.
And that is the great thing about kids cause you live through them.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 12, 2005
 

The trick is to always stay young at heart. You can get older without getting old. So turn on the sprinkler when it is hot outside and enjoy!
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  July 12, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, July 11, 2005




Recently
Friday, July 08, 2005
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Monday, June 13, 2005
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005