Sweet as a Rotten Piece of Pie
by Karla ° Tuesday, July 12, 2005
I had mentioned to Mark a while ago that I would like a bike so we could go bike riding together. He looked at me coyly and asked if I was “really” interested in a new mode of transportation. Totally not sensing the mischief he was about to get himself into, I innocently responded my resounding YES!

He suddenly had some urgent “errands” to run. I thought he might be going to buy me flowers or something sweet and cute as he does these sort of "diligent husband" things regularly. He returned home a short while later with the biggest smirk on his face I have ever seen.

When I asked why he was smirking so, he pulled me outside and said he had a surprise for me. The crazy man told me he searched high and low for the perfect mode of transporation for me, and he finally located it. I was so excited, but not sure where he was going with this as there certainly wasn't a bicycle in the car. Finally, the anticipation of his surprise ended when he pulled a goddamn broom out of the car.

He said went to Home Depot in search of a new mode of transportation for me. He feigned innocence and ignorance about the nature of the situation and said that is what the sales clerk at Home Depot suggested when he played up the confused husband role and asked if "they could help".

What a swell man he is. I would have preferred a Mercedes Kompressor BICYCLE, but I suppose my new broom will have to do.

Thanks darlin’
As always, you're as sweet as a rotten piece of pie!

Labels: , ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Oh Mark, I think youre sweeter than rotten pie.

Love McMom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 12, 2005
 

Humour is good, but so are bicycles. :)
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 12, 2005
 

Oh that is funny. I was thinking he got you a new car.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 12, 2005
 

That definitly made me giggle. I read the post to my hubby and he laughed to.
 

I was hoping for a motorcycle. Oh well...

Ummm, do I have permission to ride Mark about this as long as I find appropriate! What an ass!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 13, 2005
 

broom is the new mode of transportation!!

*laugh out loud* oh gosh, don't you two have a great sense of humor?? i so dig this post, as it's like a short romantic comedy in words ;-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 13, 2005
 

Is ur hubby a Harry Potter buff? ... lol. One of the funniest posts I have read recently..
Posted by Blogger Sudeep :  July 13, 2005
 

Very funny! Isn't it amazing some of the thing these husbands come up with? Where do they get these ideas, anyway?
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 14, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Tuesday, July 12, 2005




Recently
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Monday, July 11, 2005
Friday, July 08, 2005
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Monday, June 13, 2005
Sunday, June 12, 2005