Blame it on the weeds.
by Karla ° Thursday, July 7, 2005
I’m usually quite a rational and level headed gal. In fact, besides my impatience, it used to take a lot to ruffle my feathers, and even when they did get ruffled, I’m generally far more rational than irrational. That is, until recently.

I get moody and irritable quite easily these days. Last weekend I was feeling particularly restless and cranky. While sitting outside gazing out at our back yard I noticed how sad my garden was looking. A rational person might do something productive like pick some weeds, plant a new flower or perhaps even water it. Not me. I dug the whole mother fuc*ing thing up. It was quite a sight. Dirt was flying everywhere, my face was covered in sweat and dirt, plants and weeds flying in every direction.

Perhaps I need to find a better outlet to take out my anger on. Although temporarily satisfying, ripping up gardens is hardly a constructive pastime.

Oye…

At least I got to work on my tan a little while terrorizing my poor flower beds.

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


That's funny. Probably somewhat frustrating, but starting over can be theraputic. Hope the next one is awesome. Nice post.
 

I've had a perennial garden for a number of years now. I'm glad that I did, but I'm not sorry to leave it. The new place is too small for a garden, and I'm disinclined.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 07, 2005
 

For you Karla a very good place to take out some anger. I would of loved to see your dirty face, but I bet you still looked beautiful. Now for me and the love I have for my gardens not such and good place.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 07, 2005
 

The shrubs along the front of our house are totally overgrown because I don't think they were ever pruned by the former owners. I've had the best time whacking them down with a huge pair of hedge clippers. You need to find a totally overgrown yard and whack away. :)
Posted by Blogger suze :  July 07, 2005
 

I would only wish for a garden just so I could tear it up. I tried to plant flowers once, and it seems that the weeds took better to the whole growing thing, so I said forget them. I believe ours became grass, too!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 08, 2005
 

oh...i won't blame you for that as i have a very bad green thumb myself. that's the reason we chose to live in a place WITHOUT a garden or any sort'a indoor plants, in case i murder any of them in two ticks.

luck with venting your anger. hey, maybe you should try some thai boxing classes. you could kick some butts, and get some bulging biceps. :-P
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 08, 2005
 

Sounds like something I would have done. I can't stand looking at my garden but yet I don't do anything to make it better....then again, I don't have a green thumb.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 08, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, July 07, 2005




Recently
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Monday, June 13, 2005
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Friday, June 10, 2005
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Tuesday, June 07, 2005