No More Push Up Bras at Home Depot Allowed
by Karla ° Wednesday, July 27, 2005
After rising to the tender touch of my man pushing back the hair covering my face and kissing my eyelids in a gentle attempt to wake me for a delicious breakfast in bed he prepared for yours truly, we decided and plotted to spend our entire Sunday lounging in bed.

That lasted all of two seconds once I was fully awake and wired on caffeine. I became fidgety and antsy and wanted to go out and do something.

I convinced my husband we should get started on our bathroom project. Although we still want to move out of this house full of empty Ava memories, we’ve decided to stick around this area for a couple of years while we find our bearings again, and try and reestablish and reinvent our lives. Once the decision to stick around was made, we started planning on giving our upstairs bathroom a simple, but much needed face lift, and replace the cracked sink and counter top.

Feeling excited about our next little household project, we headed to Home Depot to check out some new counter tops and sinks. Of course, our 22 year old home does not seem to have any “standard” size fixtures anymore, so what started out as a simple project to replace the countertop, quickly turned into a “tearing out and replacing the old non standard sized sink/counter top combo that we can’t fit a standard sink/counter top on with a new standard sized unit and fixtures, a new floor to cover where the old non standard cabinets sat with the floor cut out around it, new lighting and mirror (as our old mirror and lighting will no longer fit and work with the new spacing challenges) and hell, why not throw in a new whirlpool deep soaker tub while were at it” project.

Once at home depot, my husband became extremely bored looking at cabinetry finishes and detail, and went to look at more “manly stuff”. While I was perusing the gorgeous counter top, faucet and sink options, a Home Depot clerk came up to me and asked if they could help. I decided to explain our dilemma about our current non standard size unit and small space to work in and that what I really wanted would require moving the sink over a few inches and didn’t quite understand how involved (or costly) that would be.

I wish my husband would have been with me at that point, because the guy “helping” me either he thought I was stupid, or just was stupid himself and he began explaining the intricacies of plumbing to my breasts!

I tried to make eye contact and ask questions so he would look up at my face, but his gaze kept shifting southward. I even tried to feign interest in his words by resting my fingers inquisitively on my chin hoping he would notice the rock on my finger blatantly displaying my married state, and break his rude and obvious suggestive glances.

When my attempt at helping him redeem himself failed, I finally cut him off and before storming off, I made sure to tell him that “I’m sure my breasts found what he had to say extremely fascinating, but as for myself, I was too busy noticing his thinning hair line to pay attention”.

I think I’ll just go ahead and call a plumber to get their thoughts and advice on the matter. Hopefully when they talk to me about piping and sinks they won’t be thinking about sinking their pipe where it doesn’t belong!”


I’ve certainly learned my lesson. No more push up bras allowed at home depot!

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


How rude! I used to work at Home Depot, and I would never have talked to your boobs!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 27, 2005
 

LOL, at what Christi said. Well I would hope not.

Oh my, that was rude and If I were you I would have gotten his name and called the manager the next day to explain to him what happened.
What did Mark have to say once you told him?
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 27, 2005
 

I had that happen at Verizon Wireless. I was getting some information about phones WITH MY HUSBAND and he kept staring directly at my chest. Hubs was quite annoyed. Finally I crossed my arms over my chest and it broke the "spell".

Men can be pigs. CAN be. What gives? I don't spend my time staring at guys' crotches.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 27, 2005
 

Good for you for speaking up. Hopefully, he was unaware of what he was doing but will eb better behaved from now on.
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  July 27, 2005
 

It was rude but I found your comment to him before you walked away pretty funny.
 

you crack me up!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 29, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Wednesday, July 27, 2005




Recently
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Monday, July 18, 2005
Friday, July 15, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Tuesday, July 12, 2005