Proof That Mermaids Exist
by Karla ° Thursday, July 28, 2005
When I was a wee tyke, I carried around a little red photo album my mom put together for me with various family pics inside. One item she added to my photo album (that I'm sure I begged her to give me), was a post card from the Banff Trading Post in Alberta, Canada depicting an image of a real live merman.
Why I felt compelled to add this to my family photo album I still don't quite understand. There are no family relations that I am aware of.


She told me all about how he was preserved in a museum in the province where I was born and some wild fish tale about how he was captured. As much as the thing freaked me out, I was fascinated with it and, wholeheartedly believed it was real!

In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, I was dating a friend of my husbands back in high school when I boldly brought out the post card one night in an attempt to prove mermaids really did exist. Scott (my boyfriend at the time) and Mark (my hubby) busted a gut laughing and poking fun at me. They never let me live down my naivety, and razzed and teased me about my mystical belief in mermaids for years. Being the stubborn person that I am, I refused to back down and took a stand for what I believed in and maintained that the creature in the postcard was for real, and one day I would prove it!

Prove it I did. It only took me 11 years, but I finally brought my friend turned husband all the way across Canada to show him that the merman legend is in fact true!

Now if that isn’t some hardcore proof, then I don’t know what is!

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


lol...You showed him! I've been there, too! Not the mermaid thing...but to Banff.

I like your blog...i'll be back! :)
Posted by Blogger Humor Girl :  July 28, 2005
 

That is freaky and cool and funny all at the same time.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 28, 2005
 

That's awesome!! Go Karla!!


That thing is damn scarey looking though!lol
Posted by Blogger Renee :  July 28, 2005
 

Go Karla. You showed them. I agree with Renee spooky!
 

Wow, what the hell is that thing??? It looks like a deformed Who from Whoville.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 28, 2005
 

It's PLASTIC!!!
Like any good Hallowe'en mask it's freaky looking but fake nonetheless.

It was fun to see though. I never doubted it existed I simply don't believe it's authentic.
Posted by Blogger Mark :  July 28, 2005
 

Oh Dear Husband, you are fighting a loosing battle. IT IS REAL!
Just look at that hair. If it was a fake, they would styled and combed it better.
Posted by Blogger karla :  July 28, 2005
 

Thanks for that. Now I am going to have bad dreams about that thing. That is just freaky looking.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  July 28, 2005
 

Umm, ewwww!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  July 29, 2005
 

That is too funny!

Perhaps I should use that lovely visage for my Blogger profile picture! It's really not too far off from what I look like in the morning. :)
Posted by Blogger Gina :  July 29, 2005
 

you do have some hardcore proof there, which freaks the heck outta me...

if i have bad dreams and stay up all night, this post would be the reason. i can't believe that you weren't scared of that postcard, but loved it when you were small.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 29, 2005
 

I remember that postcard! Creepy!
Posted by Blogger Mandi :  July 29, 2005
 

Mark, you know its not plastic. Please do not argue with your mother-in law. Dont forget I did see it in person.


Love ya.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 30, 2005
 

hey . really really realy wanna knw if mermaids are real. so u dnt expect me to believe it from just one pic. so i thnk u need more proof
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 16, 2006
 

i really wanna know. so can u email me storys and more proof at aka_bekham@vodafone.net.nz


thanx. im nt a adult. bt i jus hav dat feeling in my gut dat its real
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 16, 2006
 

I have been to the indian trading post in banff and also seen this merman i this its completely possible to be very real there is also the fiji mermaid and the aden mermaid they all look alot alike you tell me the in all the world which is 85% water that there is nothing like this in it? cmon whose crazy now :) i think its great everyone i tell about it thinks im nuts, o well they are the ones losing out.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  April 04, 2007
 

i dont know,.. but that picture can only be a hoax.we can never be too sure these days with all the scientific advancements.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  July 03, 2008
 

OMG i do want to believe in mermaids but its so funny?
its so big bigger than us. and look at the chest its a bone but not bone like us a fish bone... ryt?
but i really like to see a beautiful mermaid beautiful not that spooky...
eeeewwwww.....

KARLA is that really true?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  May 14, 2009
 

i think they put it together with a giant dead fish and a dead monkey.

But, it was nice of u 2 show it.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  June 03, 2009
 

IS IT REALLY THE REAL SNAP KARLA???I DONT THINK SO, DEN WHY ITS NOT BROAD CAST WORLD OVER???why??.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  July 04, 2009
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, July 28, 2005




Recently
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Monday, July 18, 2005
Friday, July 15, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Thursday, July 14, 2005