Because when you feel like a big bag of shit...
by Karla ° Monday, August 1, 2005
....why not paint to reflect your mood?

When I get mad, I have been known to err on the side of irrational at times (but only sometimes). After the events that transpired Saturday (and the emotional week we already endured), I needed an outlet to deal.

My outlet: Repainting the Living Room and Dining Room.

My poor husband is very patient with me while I have my little tantrums and rampages of anger. On this particularly wild spell of mine, he committed his long weekend to patching and sanding walls and painting like a wild man in order to get our room finished before he left for the week on a business trip.



While hubby patched up a storm, I taped up a storm. Eight hours of mundane, time consuming taping. Whoever decided that a room should have more than one colour, or even straight clean lines for that matter, obviously was conspiring with the tape companies to drive humanity insane.



You know that old expression that people use when you can’t contain your emotions? Something to the effect of “wearing your emotions on your sleeve”.

Apparently, just wearing my emotions wasn’t good enough. I had to paint my wall to reflect how I felt too. This, ladies and gentleman, is my diarrhea coloured accent wall.



I've learned the hard way, that just because you feel like a big bag of shit, doesn’t mean you have to paint your home to reflect your mood.


Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


WOW You've got a great husband don't you?

Maybe it's just me but I think that he's a pretty decent guy to drop all weekend plans to paint your living room!!

I bet he even took the car for an oil change and attempted to mow the lawn before one of your cats ran into the paint tray taking paint all through the house.

Yeah, I'd say he's a pretty swell guy...don't you think?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 01, 2005
 

Wow well that I would say is working fast. It looks great though. I dont think that it looks like diarrhea atleast not from what I can see on the internet. I think you did a great job.
 

You are the sexiest painter I've ever seen!

I don't think the wall looks that bad either. Maybe it's worse in person.
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  August 01, 2005
 

ha! poopoo walls. ive done it b4 too!
Posted by Blogger k8 :  August 01, 2005
 

Well, as I told you, it's not my taste...and yeah, I think it looks like shit! I can only say this, b/c I'm very accustomed to seeing it very often each day, and that looks like something I changed earlier this morning.
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 01, 2005
 

Wow. Your like a taping maniac. I usually start like that and then quickly fall into the "good enough for now" and "I'll fix it next time" routine.
You and your hubby make such a good team.
Now if you both weren't color blind, tee,hee..
 

sanding walls...i just knew yesterday that i have to sand the walls before painting them. i am SO NOT looking forward to that :-(

so much work, so little time here. if you guys weren't living on the other side of the world, i would have asked you to vent your frustrations on my walls. cabernet sauvignon for you and beer for your hubby!! ;-)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 02, 2005
 

First of all, you look amazing!! I'm jealous!! Secondly, I've heard the poopy look is in ;-) It's really not that bad, and always fixable if you really hate it. Just wait for the next storm and go at it! :-) Keep your head up hun!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 02, 2005
 

LOL.... Great Post!! I'm not sure why I haven't added you to my blogroll before, but I am now! :)

My favorite part of this post is the last paragraph! Too funny!
Posted by Blogger Humor Girl :  August 02, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Monday, August 01, 2005




Recently
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Monday, July 18, 2005