Ten Minute Mile
by Karla ° Thursday, August 4, 2005
You will find no modesty or humbleness in this post.

Today, I finally achieved a goal I’ve been working my butt off (literally…it’s helped me loose weight) to achieve the entire summer. Today, I finally ran my ten minute mile. I ran three miles in 30 minutes (ok, 31 minutes, but close enough).

I was able to keep a consistent speed of about 6mph the entire time. I must have required 14 litres of water to keep myself hydrated. Even my earphones wouldn't stay in my ears I was sweating so much.

I'm so excited for this 10km run in the fall.

If I could move my legs to do a happy dance I would.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Congrats Karla!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 04, 2005
 

Thats awesome Karla Great Job.
 

I can do a ten day mile. Does that impress you?
Posted by Blogger Anvilcloud :  August 04, 2005
 

Way to go. You probably wouldn't sweat as much if you weren't carrying so much water, tee,hee..
 

I dare say the pleasure and pride that we all share for your accomplishment overpowers any need for humility or modesty. I say WAY TO GO, GIRL!! Run on.
Posted by Blogger Dora :  August 04, 2005
 

yay!!! Good for you! I noticed what GREAT shape you were in! Let us know how it goes!
Posted by Blogger Humor Girl :  August 04, 2005
 

Hi Karla, I found you via Just Another Day. I read your story, and I just wanted to extend my sympathies to you. I'm so sorry about Ava, she was beautiful.

But congratulations on the 10 minute mile!
 

That is awesome Karla, congratulations. I'll do the happy dance for ya!
Posted by Blogger Leesa :  August 04, 2005
 

way to go girl, like leesa I will do a happy dance for you because i sure could not run along beside you.

Love Mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 04, 2005
 

Congrats, Karla!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 04, 2005
 

Great job! I was training for a half marathon last year and was doing great until the purchase of our house got in the way...needless to say I fell off that wagon. Keep your head up and stay strong. And good luck too!
Posted by Blogger Amber :  August 04, 2005
 

Way to go, Keep it up.
I am doing a happy dance for you.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  August 09, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, August 04, 2005




Recently
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Monday, August 01, 2005
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
Thursday, July 21, 2005