In Good Spirits
by Karla ° Friday, September 23, 2005
In the spirit of growing anticipation and excitement for the memorial run tomorrow, I have decided to post a picture of me that was taken a few weeks back before heading out for a practice 10 km run.


Disclaimer. No warranty is being made, expressed or implied that my running gear is at all stylish, cool or hip. In fact, I full take responsibility for the waves of dork alarms that are surely ringing loud and clear as you giggle at the attire adorning my body.

Yes, the sweat band is lame, but after being out for a jog and having to run most of it with blurred vision and burning eyeballs from a nasty sunscreen laced with sweat concoction that dripped in my eyes, I decided that being hung by my thumbs would be more pleasant than the blinding fiery burn in my eyes and took drastic measures to avoid this dilemma at all costs.

Drastic measures = lame style = sweat bands.

Geeky clothes you say? Well, I tried some sleeker looking cotton type fabrics, and came to the disgusting conclusion that they hold enough sweat to fill a small pool with by the time I'm done running. Therefore, for the small price of being a total fashion wreck, this svelte polyester/spandex ensemble meets my highly technical requirements for adequacy.

Don’t mess with my shoes though. My Asics totally rock and if I could sleep with them on, I would, but my husband prefers stilettos in bed, and quite honesty, running shoes and sweat bands just don’t work with my lacy things, and visa versa. I would never dare attempt to jog in a thong and stilettos. Where would I put my house key?

Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Like I said on the last post , you are beautifull any which way.Good luck tomorrow on the run and have a happy birthday .

Love mom
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  September 23, 2005
 

Yes, it is now officially your birthday in Canada, so "Happy Birthday!!"

You don't look lame at all, my dear. Rather ravishing, acutally.

You will do great tomorrow!
Posted by Blogger Gina :  September 24, 2005
 

My running gear is a pair of Cannondale triathlon shorts I bought in 1983 (I know, I know, but they never wear out!) and whatever t-shirt is dirtiest in the house so I can throw it in the laundry when I get home.
Posted by Blogger Kurt :  September 24, 2005
 

Hey Karla, I think you look great and I again wish you guys luck on your run. Also a big Happy Birthday to you. HUGS.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  September 24, 2005
 

This may not mean much coming from me because I'm fashion impaired, but I think you look great. You look really fit!
Posted by Blogger Unknown :  September 24, 2005
 

I know your feeling about comfort verse style I was there with training for and on the daysof the walk.
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, September 23, 2005




Recently
Friday, September 23, 2005
Friday, September 16, 2005
Monday, September 12, 2005
Friday, September 09, 2005
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Friday, September 02, 2005
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005