En route back to the .ca
by Karla ° Friday, August 5, 2005
After four long days away from home, Mark is finally on a flight back home to the .ca.

I’m a needy person and I miss so much about him when is gone.

I miss not having him next to me when I sleep.

I miss when he sleepily awakes in the middle of the night and curls up behind me in a loving embrace until he falls asleep again.

I miss when he sneaks up behind me and kisses my neck.

I miss listening to him breathe at night.

I miss hearing him tell me about his day.

I miss the spark of life his presence feeds me with.

And most of all, I miss hearing him speak the words, “I love you” before falling asleep every night.

Even the cats are at odds without him around. They’ve just been lying around all week (oh wait, that’s all they ever do…nix that. They don’t care).

That being said, it’s time I go and get myself ready before he gets home. I’ll even make the effort, when shaving my legs, to get those oh so hard to reach hairy patches around my ankles (the ladies in the house will understand this one).

The paint that’s been in my hair for the better part of this week will have to stay put for now. If I blink the wrong way at my hair it either falls out or turns gray, so I don’t want to be messing with picking paint out of it.

I’ll dust off the old makeup bag and dig out my clinique mascara which extends my eyelashes to scandalously daring lengths that hubby loves so much, and while I’m at it, I think I’ll paint my toenails hot pink.

I’ll make sure not to wear any lip gloss, because hubby hates it when he gets it on his lips, especially if it’s tinted, then he looks all girly and that’s a no no.

It’s like Christmas for me today. My present will be home later this evening and he’s all mine to unwrap enjoy.

Needless to say, there will be no posting this weekend while I enjoy my early Christmas.

Sending my best wishes that you find some Christmas cheer this weekend as well.


Labels: ,

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Do have fun! I'm so glad you made it through the week! Still wish you'd come here, but, I guess one day....
Posted by Blogger Christi :  August 05, 2005
 

Have a great weekend Christmas..
 

Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas to you too. Happy unwrapping!
Posted by Blogger Cuppa :  August 05, 2005
 

Have a great weekend Karla. You both deserve it. Merry early Christmas.
 

Have a great time, Karla! :)
Posted by Blogger Gina :  August 06, 2005
 

What a post full of Christmas spirit and LOVE!! Enjoy your early Christmas and the best part - the Christmas present!!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 08, 2005
 

It is amazing how much you actually miss a person until they are not there. Sending you best wishes.
Posted by Blogger Colleen :  August 08, 2005
 

:)

Hurry..we need more Karla! hehe
Posted by Blogger Humor Girl :  August 08, 2005
 

You are quite fortunate to have someone you love so completely in your life. I feel a bit strange calling you "fortunate", but in this area of your life, you have definitely been blessed.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous :  August 09, 2005
 

YOU GO GET HIM GIRL.
Hope you had a great weekend with Hubby.
Posted by Blogger Tammy :  August 09, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Friday, August 05, 2005




Recently
Friday, August 05, 2005
Thursday, August 04, 2005
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Monday, August 01, 2005
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Saturday, July 23, 2005