Dinner with Kate
by Karla ° Thursday, October 6, 2005
Mark and I had the most remarkable dinner with Kate last night. I’m still floating on a cloud of excitement about meeting a fellow blogger friend. She is one of the most caring, charming and friendly people I have ever met.

Kate took the time (as she knew about my fussy vegetarian eating habits) to find a whole bunch of great restaurants in the area before sending me a list of all the various options. I couldn’t help but notice and appreciate her forethought. We set a time and place, and all that was left was to show up.

Being the eager beaver that I am (and anal retentive about never being late), we arrived at the restaurant about 20 minutes early. Since we weren’t familiar with the area I decided to ask someone who worked at the restaurant if we were at the right address. Although he didn’t know the actual number address, it appeared that we were at least on the right road. That was enough to appease me so we sunk our enthusiastic buns down on a bench outside and kept an eye out for her car.

Looking like total tourists as we loitered outside the restaurant discussing the volume of SUV’s that seem to dominate the roadways, drooling over all of the virtually unattainable (in Canada) mitsubishi cars we’ve seen and finding it perplexing that we hadn’t seen but one Pontiac on the road, we finally saw Kate drive into the parking lot. I recognized her immediately, smiled and waved, expecting her to pull into one of the empty parking spots. She waved back and much my surprise (and mortification) kept on driving… right past the restaurant…. away from us.

I turned and looked at my husband and jokingly asked if we were THAT scary looking.

Thankfully she just went around the building to find a parking spot and wasn’t having second thoughts about coming in and having dinner with us.

I remember from her pictures that Kate has one of the most sincere and genuine smiles I have ever seen, and meeting her face to face was no different. There was an immediate sense of comfort and ease as she flashed us one of her gorgeous smiles and I knew at that moment that the rest of our evening would be incredible.

We had so much to talk about. All three of us were like chatter boxes all night talking about everything and anything under the sun. Kate is so charming and personable that conversation flowed extremely smoothly and comfortably, like we were old pals that went way back.

Our evening was absolutely delightful and I am so happy I had the opportunity to meet Kate. Something tells me this wont be the last time I am in Delaware, and I can’t wait to come back and shop until I drop at one of the nations largest shopping malls on the east coast in King of Prussia, PA with her.

Labels:

Permanent link to this entry




Comments:


Karla:
I had a blast as well. It was so great to meet you guys and I cant wait till you come back. Have a great day today. And check out the Target!
Kate
 

Okay, now I really have to find out where Delaware is from here. I may just have to save up gas money to make it. I wanna meet you, too! Kate does seem like a cool chica!
Posted by Blogger Christi :  October 06, 2005
 


advertisement




Search Untangling Knots:


Search Results:

Thursday, October 06, 2005




Recently
Monday, October 03, 2005
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Friday, September 23, 2005
Friday, September 23, 2005
Friday, September 16, 2005
Monday, September 12, 2005
Friday, September 09, 2005
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Tuesday, September 06, 2005